Sunday, November 05, 2006

Hanoi

I am in Hanoi at the moment.
Hanoi is a great city, placed itself between Bangkok and Kathmandu atmospherically.
Best of Hanoi for me not for Vienamese food being but French patisserie.
Sipping coffee by the serene lake in the midst of Hanoi's cool breeze is real experience.
Not too costly to be here.

I sat there, by the lake, soaked by the historical story about the lake, looking at people passes by and wondering where people goes.
We are not the same ones as 25 years before, as such the world.
What left here for eternity are corpse of imaginaries.
Like that myth hovered the lake and reflected in the water puppet show.

Hanoi is more green than Bangkok, less fake, more honk. Conjured by some myths but not that mithril.

2 Comments:

Blogger GMclub said...

จากสวยนอกซอย

ชอบอาหารเวียดนามมากกกกกกกกกกกค่ะ ทานเผื่อด้วยนะคะ แต่ถ้าได้โปสการ์ดจากฮานอยสักใบ ก็คงจะดีมากกกกกกกกกกกกกกก ค่า

6:52 AM

 
Blogger GMclub said...

first of all I would like to say your post seems a nice prose, and I enjoy reading it.

Hanoi is one of my favorite city I would love to visit, so I seldom imagine myself there.

Hope you enjoy your life in the charming city, and in the near future I expect myself to stroll along in Hanoi, not only in my imagination.

But the problem is "when".

++without a sense of showing off++ I post in English because I miss it so much and hope you don't mind if I would like to sharpen my Eng skill for some occasions.

จะรอฟังเรื่องสนุกๆค่ะ
...blackcomedy

11:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home